MON – FRI | 8AM – 5PM

Super T Aviation

International Students Information

International Students Information

Super T Aviation welcomes applications from International students who have completed a minimum of a high school education or equivalent.

Super T Aviation Academy is a designated learning institution (DLI) in Alberta – we accept both International Students and Domestic Students for all levels of flight training.  All students must pass a selection process designed to assess student motivation, ability to finance the flight training, and aptitude. Student selection will be conducted through interviews and/or computer-based tests depending on level of flight training required.

Additional Information

  • You must be 18 years old prior to attempting scheduled commercial tests.
  • Alberta high school diploma (grade 12) or equivalent.
  • Working knowledge of English, written and oral. Depending on circumstances, students will undergo interview assessment, TOEFLS, IELTS or ICAO language testing to establish whether their language ability meets Super T Aviation Academy requirements for entering the program.
    International Students – Super T Aviation
  • Valid aviation medical certificate. Please refer to:
  • Pass a Selection Process designed to assess student motivation, ability to finance the course and aptitude. Selection will be conducted through interviews and computer-based tests.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

  • International students may require a study visa. Please refer to: Study in Canada as an international student – Canada.caPlease note: Government of Canada processing times will vary so be sure to give yourself ample time when applying for a study permit.
  • Students will be directed to the IRCC website for immigration matters. Super T aviation will not counsel or provide advice on immigration matters. Super T Aviation understands it is unlawful to provide advice and counsel regarding immigration matters unless the person is a licensed and registered immigration consultant.


Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP)

As per current Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) guidelines, international students graduating from licensed programs at a private career college in Alberta are not eligible for a Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP)


Students should budget $600 + tax per month for onsite accommodation.

Medicine Hat has other student accommodation options available off campus. Food and entertainment should also be budgeted around $1000 a month.

Training Costs

We believe in high quality training and transparency. We quote a realistic estimate for the cost of training, rather than just the minimum hours stated by Transport Canada. Actual cost will vary depending on student ability and study skills. Each student learns at different rates; flight training costs are unique to each individual student depending on how they progress through the syllabus. Flight training costs provided are an average cost estimate based on Transport Canada statistics.